Have you ever wondered why spider web removal is an important part of controlling spiders? Here are a few key reasons why:
- It is a mechanical control method for egg sacs and spiderlings that could hatch from them. You remove a multitude of potential spiders in one fell swoop by removing an egg sac with its webbing.
- It makes it easier to identify new activity. If new webs are constructed in the same spots every time you know to focus your treatment there.
- It is a visible sign to the homeowner that you have done something and that you were at the property taking care of things. If they don’t see any visible signs that you are controlling pests after treatment, they may think they don’t need pest control and cancel their service. Web removal leaves a noticeable sign that you were there, making the customer feel good about your service.
Best Way to Remove Spider Webs
Now that you know why spider web removal is important, what is the best way to remove them? There are several devices that can work well, including vacuums, brooms, telescopic brushes or similar devices.
Pro Tip: When inspecting for web-building spiders and their webs, don’t forget to note harborage areas for their food sources and take those into account as well when putting together your treatment plan.
In short, removing spider webs around a home is a great addition to your pest control service if you don’t already do it.
In addition to spider web removal, MGK has expert resources and effective products to improve your treatment plan for spider infestations:
- Onslaught® FastCap Microencapsulated Insecticide provides fast-acting and long-lasting residual control of spiders
- Pest Control Protocol: Spiders – a comprehensive guide to stay in control
- Pest Poster: Spiders – a one-page infographic with key facts and control strategies