There’s no other food that represents Easter quite like eggs. In honor of the upcoming holiday, our Animal Health team is celebrating one of their favorite animals – the egg layers – by sharing some of the best egg recipes.
Nothing like celebrating a holiday meal with family and friends. Whip up one of these brunch recipes sure to impress your guests.
MGK entomologist Marc Eaton likes to mix up his brunch menu with this traditional Spanish dish where eggs steal the show. Add some potato, onion and spices to try out Marc’s Tortilla Española Recipe. ¡Buen provecho!
Fried Egg Sandwich
When he’s looking for something other than the obvious hard-boiled, Production Animal Account Representative Braxton Whitaker likes to whip up a classic fried egg sandwich.
- 2 pieces of white bread
- 1 slice of American cheese
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- Optional: 1-2 pieces of ham or turkey
- Butter bread and toast it in the oven or a toaster for 1-2 minutes
- Fry/scramble the eggs in a heated pan with your remaining butter to your preference (I usually make a mini omelet)
- Put cooked eggs on to toasted bread
- Heat ham/turkey on the pan for 30 seconds
- Add meat to your sandwich
- Add cheese and the other piece of toast
Got a sweet tooth? We’ve got you covered. Eggs are the base for several sweet treats.
Instant Pot Caramel Flan
While typically considered a Spanish or Mexican dish, the origin of flan can be traced back to the Roman empire. Resident MGK foodie Marc walks you through a new twist to this classic dish in his Instant Pot Caramel Flan Recipe.
Pro Tip: Make sure you have a heat-safe bowl or metal cake pan that fits in your Instant Pot before attempting this one!
For chocolate lovers, like Animal Health Sales Manager Matt Kenney, grab 4 large eggs – and a few other ingredients – to create this decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from OMGChocolateDesserts.com.
From the team here at MGK – wishing you a wonderful holiday and happy egg hunt!