Features & Benefits
- Handle placement makes measuring and pouring easier and less likely to spill
- 13-ounce measuring chamber saves time and improves accuracy
- Kills all bed bug life stages by contact and prevents bed bug egg hatching even pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs
- Multi-mode action and control
- Quick knockdown and kill
- Residual control begins working within minutes of exposure
- Patented technology
- Approved for direct application onto mattresses
- Non-repellent and non-staining
- No signal word
- For use in residential, institutional and commercial facilities
Pest Infographic Poster: Bed Bugs
A one-page infographic that includes a bed bug description, visual, life cycle, hot spots, key signs of infestation and pest facts. Download, print and share.
Pest Control Protocol: Bed Bugs
A comprehensive protocol to stay in control of bed bugs. Includes: habits and life cycle, key signs of infestations, inspection and vacuuming, pretreatment, treatment, post-treatment and bed bug control product information. Download, print and share.
Bed Bug Species Identification Guide
Proper identification is the key to successful bed bug control. MGK’s identification guide is a great resource to ensure that your treatment methods are focused on the right species.
Bed Bug Resources
Crossfire® Bed Bug Concentrate FAQs
CrossFire® is a suspo-emulsion – in basic terms, a solid suspended in a liquid. The formula makes it possible to join multiple active ingredients with different physical-chemical characteristics.
CrossFire® contains three active ingredients:
- Clothiandin – gives it a long residual
- Metofluthrin – provides quick knockdown
- Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) – fights metabolic resistance
The toxicology studies for CrossFire® resulted in a LD50 for mammals greater than 5,000 milligrams per kilogram of body weight, therefore the EPA does not require a signal word.
The label states that CrossFire® has a four-week residual, however third-party research shows greater than 90% control for up to 12 months.
Source: Eurofins Agroscience Services, Inc. (2014)
Best practices for dilution and agitation of CrossFire® concentrate:
- Shake CrossFire® concentrate thoroughly prior to mixing with water, 10 seconds is ideal
- Add 0.5 gallons of water into sprayer before adding concentrate
Note: During colder temperatures, the use of warm water, if available, will help the CrossFire® formulation go into suspension
- Add 13 oz. of CrossFire® concentrate
Note: When measuring CrossFire® from the 130 oz. container, pour it in increments of 5 + 5 + 3 oz. to avoid spillage
- Add water to achieve 1 finished gallon of product
- Shake the treatment equipment thoroughly before applying
- During the course of the application, shake the treatment equipment every 15 to 20 minutes to ensure the product stays in suspension
Dilution Chart for a 1.42% Concentration:
|Finished Mixture||Water||CrossFire® Concentrate||Application Rate of Mixed Solution|
|16 oz.||14.4 oz.||1.6 oz.||125 sq. ft.|
|1.0 qt.||28.8 oz.||3.2 oz.||250 sq. ft.|
|0.5 gal.||57.5 oz.||6.5 oz.||500 sq. ft.|
|1.0 gal.||115.0 oz.||13.0 oz.||1,000 sq. ft.|
|1.5 gal.||172.5 oz.||19.5 oz.||1,500 sq. ft.|
CrossFire® will not stain water-safe fabrics or surfaces. It may leave a visible residue on dark surfaces, similar to a wettable powder, which can be removed easily with a damp rag.
- 13-ounce bottle
- 130-ounce bottle
- An aerosol is also available in a 17-ounce aerosol can (see CrossFire® Aerosol)
Please contact your distributor for availability.
During the early stages of an infestation, bed bugs tend to be located in very close association to beds and/or upholstered furniture. As populations increase in age and size, however, the likelihood of finding bed bugs in unpredictable areas away from the host-feeding sites also increases. Some key bed bug hot spots include:
- Box springs
- Bed frames
- Upholstered furniture
- Desk chairs
- Carpet edges
- Under and behind baseboards
- Behind wall hangings