Features & Benefits
- Kills all bed bug life stages by contact and prevents bed bug egg hatch
- Kills pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs
- Multi-mode action and control
- Quick knockdown and kill
- Residual control begins working within minutes of exposure
- Patented technology
- Approved for direct application onto mattresses
- No signal word
- For use in residential, institutional and commercial facilities
Pest Infographic Poster: Bed Bugs
A one-page infographic that includes a bed bug description, visual, life cycle, hot spots, key signs of infestation and pest facts. Download, print and share.
Pest Control Protocol: Bed Bugs
A comprehensive protocol to stay in control of bed bugs. Includes: habits and life cycle, key signs of infestations, inspection and vacuuming, pretreatment, treatment, post-treatment and bed bug control product information. Download, print and share.
Tips & Tricks: Mixing a Concentrate with Water
MGK’s Technical Team provides tips and tricks on properly mixing products in two ways – before adding water or when starting with water.
Crossfire® Bed Bug Concentrate FAQs
CrossFire is a suspo-emulsion – in basic terms, a solid suspended in a liquid. The formula makes it possible to join multiple active ingredients with different physical-chemical characteristics.
CrossFire contains three active ingredients:
- Clothiandin – gives it a long residual
- Metofluthrin – provides quick knockdown
- Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) – fights metabolic resistance
The toxicology studies for CrossFire resulted in a LD50 for mammals greater than 5,000 milligrams per kilogram of body weight, therefore the EPA does not require a signal word.
The label states that CrossFire has a four-week residual, however third-party research shows greater than 90% control for up to 12 months.
Source: Eurofins Agroscience Services, Inc. (2014)
Best practices for dilution and agitation of CrossFire concentrate:
- Shake CrossFire concentrate thoroughly prior to mixing with water, 10 seconds is ideal
- Add 0.5 gallons of water into sprayer before adding concentrate
Note: During colder temperatures, the use of warm water, if available, will help the CrossFire formulation go into suspension
- Add 13 oz. of CrossFire concentrate
Note: When measuring CrossFire from the 130 oz. container, pour it in increments of 5 + 5 + 3 oz. to avoid spillage
- Add water to achieve 1 finished gallon of product
- Shake the treatment equipment thoroughly before applying
- During the course of the application, shake the treatment equipment every 15 to 20 minutes to ensure the product stays in suspension
Dilution Chart for a 1.42% Concentration:
|Finished Mixture||Water||CrossFire Concentrate||Application Rate of Mixed Solution|
|16 oz.||14.4 oz.||1.6 oz.||125 sq. ft.|
|1.0 qt.||28.8 oz.||3.2 oz.||250 sq. ft.|
|0.5 gal.||57.5 oz.||6.5 oz.||500 sq. ft.|
|1.0 gal.||115.0 oz.||13.0 oz.||1,000 sq. ft.|
|1.5 gal.||172.5 oz.||19.5 oz.||1,500 sq. ft.|
CrossFire will not stain water-safe fabrics or surfaces. It may leave a visible residue on dark surfaces, similar to a wettable powder, which can be removed easily with a damp rag.
- 13-ounce bottle
- 130-ounce bottle
- An aerosol is also available in a 17-ounce aerosol can (see CrossFire Aerosol)
Please contact your distributor for availability.
During the early stages of an infestation, bed bugs tend to be located in very close association to beds and/or upholstered furniture. As populations increase in age and size, however, the likelihood of finding bed bugs in unpredictable areas away from the host-feeding sites also increases. Some key bed bug hot spots include:
- Box springs
- Bed frames
- Upholstered furniture
- Desk chairs
- Carpet edges
- Under and behind baseboards
- Behind wall hangings