OneGuard has been the to go-to solution for mosquito control by pest management professionals since its launch in 2018. Boasting multiple modes of action in one container, OneGuard delivers an all-in-one solution that is dependable and effective. MGK has included four active ingredients in the OneGuard formula to better serve your customers.
1. Prallethrin. This free-floating pyrethroid is known for its knockdown power. This is the ingredient that will have customers happy with results before the service vehicle ever leaves the street. The knock down action of prallethrin is readily available in the OneGuard solution to take care of any listed pests that may be present at the time of application.
2. Lambda-cyhalothrin. This microencapsulated pyrethroid is designed for the long haul. Picture the MGK microencapsulation process like a sponge, slowly releasing lambda-cyhalothrin over time. The slow release of lambda-cyhalothrin allows for long-lasting residual control between applications.
3. Pyriproxyfen. This insect growth regulator is known for its long residual and photostability. Pyriproxyfen is a juvenile hormone mimic that will kill insects in the pupal stage. Additionally, peer-reviewed research has shown that applications of pyriproxyfen to breeding sites can autodisseminate (transfer) on the bodies of adult insects, delivering an IGR to both exposed and hidden habitats of immature insects. Essentially, the insects are doing the work for you!
4. Piperonyl butoxide. Fight insecticide resistance with PBO. This active ingredient increases insect susceptibility to insecticides and improves efficacy by inhibiting the insect’s detoxification process. With PBO in your solution, the insecticide is better able to do its job.
In 2020, MGK is proud to announce that OneGuard has a new label that adds several new public health pests, making it an even better choice for general pest control and quarterly or bi-monthly services. Pests added to the new OneGuard label include:
· Carpenter bees
· And more
In addition to more target pests, OneGuard continues to deliver the same benefits as before:
· Consistency. Everything you need for mosquito and general pest control services are included in one bottle. There is no need to read multiple labels and calculate multiple mix rates. One solution and the tank is ready to go.
· Reduced Waste. With two pyrethroids, an IGR, and a synergist in one bottle, OneGuard will reduce the waste of throwing multiple bottle out. Less waste in landfills is something we can all get behind. In addition, no mixing of multiple products means less spills, which cut into your bottom line.
· Simplified Training. Teaching technicians to combine products in the right concentration or reading multiple labels to calculate those concentrations can be arduous. OneGuard provides peace of mind that the solution will be the same each time it is applied because everything you need for mosquito and general pest services is already mixed in the bottle.
As a pest control professional, you have enough to worry about; don’t let your insecticide choice be one of them. OneGuard provides results you can count on without the headaches of multiple mix rates. Read more about OneGuard and take a look at the new expanded label here.