MGK at PestWorld 2020
We loved sharing our videos and digital resources with all of you who visited our booth – and taking advantage of the live chat function!
MGK also sponsored the Thought Leader sessions, where attendees got information about increasing their business and operations, and tips for using LinkedIn to prospect and recruit talent.
Another exciting event that we were a part of was the annual Golf Tournament. Proceeds from this event support the Pest Management Foundation, which funds research, education, and outreach for the pest control industry.
What we enjoyed most was sponsoring the closing ceremony, PestWorld Popstar, featuring The Voice contestant Kirk Jay. (Get more detail on the entertainment below.) MGK President Steve Gullickson welcomed everyone to the event via video, where attendees got a look at our first-class lab facilities and our brand-new building. Missed the event? See Steve’s video below.
Bringing our Industry Together
With an opening act featuring songwriters Barry Dean and Luke Laird to kick-off PestWorld 2020 to a closing ceremony with The Voice contestant Kirk Jay singing some popular chart toppers, we got our fill of Nashville without having to leave the state.
We heard great words of encouragement from National Pest Management Association Chief Executive Officer Dominique Stumpf, as well as the many sponsors and speakers. There were also opportunities to visit the Exhibit Hall, meet with vendors and a New Product Showcase that featured the latest and greatest – including MGK’s Sumari® Insecticide.
Five Key Takeaways from PestWorld
Missed PestWorld this year? We’ve got you covered with five key takeaways from the event:
- The pest management community is resilient. COVID disrupted our industry, but you persevered. We were floored by the number of people who came out to support NPMA this year. We know that many companies and PMPs have made some significant shifts very quickly and we want to applaud everyone for their efforts during these challenging times.
- Great people make us a stronger community. Our staff was especially energized to meet so many of you at the networking events, and new coffee chats and roundtables this year! NPMA also handed out Industry Awards to some very deserving and generous people in our community. These women and men stepped up to help others in a big way this year. Kudos to all the winners!
- Our colleagues give Nashville a run for their money. We were excited to sponsor the closing ceremony, PestWorld Popstar, to share the extended talents of this industry. It was exciting to see our colleagues step up and share those hidden talents! We also enjoyed a great set from The Voice contestant Kirk Jay, singing some crowd favorites.
- Compassion and empathy are the best gifts. Day 2 general session speaker Leon Logothetis shared inspiring stories of kindness and hope across the country, including that of a homeless man who generously shared what little he had. Day 3 general session speaker Ben Nemtin challenged us to be relentless in the pursuit of our dreams and offered ways for us to practice self-care during these difficult times. They both reminded us that oftentimes, giving back to others is the best way to care for ourselves.
- There’s an amazing amount of expertise out there. The auditorium played host to many educational sessions, including the Thought Leader sessions proudly sponsored by MGK, and many more on demand. For attendees, there will be opportunities for continued learning and CEUs though the end of the year. And if you missed it, there’s still time to access all this great content: NPMA is offering a discounted rate for access to all the live and on demand content through the end of the year. Learn more.
Read more about the event and see pictures at PestWorld2020.org.
There’s so much more that can be said about this year’s event, but we hope the highlights we’ve shared give you a taste of what PestWorld looked like this year. We’re hoping to connect with all of you – in person – next year!
Special thanks to NPMA for another great event!
- Check out MGK’s newest videos on YouTube.
- Get MGK’s PMP Pulse Newsletter, with tips and tricks to support you and your business, delivered directly to your inbox! Sign up for MGK email.
- Download our Ant Protocols and Resources.
- Learn more about our Sumari® products – the latest in ant control innovation:
Sumari Insecticide | Sumari Ant Gel Bait
Interested in seeing more posts like this? Connect with us on LinkedIn and stay up-to-date with everything going on at MGK.